Fabrication / Machine Shop Services
- Prototype Parts
- Fixture Design
- Low Volume / One-Off Manufacturing
- Private Label Manufacturing
- 3-Axis CNC Milling
- CNC Plasma Cutting
- Manual Milling / Turning
- Tube Bending
- MIG / TIG Welding
- Sheet metal design and brake bending
- CAD / CAM
We strive to provide an all-inclusive environment with experience servicing a wide variety of clients from OEMs, Tier 1 / 2 / 3 Suppliers, Job Shops, and private individuals. With our variety of in-house equipment, we have the opportunity to utilize a variety of processes to meet our customers' needs.
Some examples of capacities include:
- Plasma Cutting Max Thickness: 1" Mild Steel, 5/8" Aluminum, 3/4" Stainless
- Plasma Cutting Footprint: 4'x8'
- CNC Milling Travels: X 40", Y 20" , Z 20"
- Sheet metal bending: 48" max length, 16ga mild steel max thickness (@full length), 16ga 3003 alum max thickness(@ full length), 22ga stainless (@ full length. Up to 1/8" mild steel and 3003 aluminum at full length with relief cuts.
- Tube Bending Dies: 1"ODx4"Rad, 1.5"ODx6"Rad, 1.75"ODx6"Rad
- Tube bending can be performed to varying wall thicknesses up to .188"
Some examples of past projects include:
- Trade show display: cut a car in half lengthwise, designed/fabricated a mobile steel frame to suspend vehicle 3' in air. Fabricated illuminated sign with client logo.
- Vehicle exhaust: using customer provided CAD data, we digitally designed fixturing then fabricated fixture to spec with GD&T checks. Plasma cut and finish machined proprietary turbocharger flange from 1/2" 304ss and used components to fabricate a small batch of 3" 304ss tubular exhaust pipes for dyno testing use. Consulted with client to standardize the tube bend radii for lower cost future production. Exhaust pipe assemblies were polished, TIG welded with back-purging, and outfitted with dyno testing / emissions instrumentation fittings.
- Electronics mount for EV prototype vehicle: using customer provided CAD data, we digitally designed fixturing then fabricated fixture to spec with GD&T checks. Plasma cut and finish machined proprietary strut tower mounting flanges from 3/4" mild steel and used components to fabricate a small batch of tubular electronics board mounting brackets. Consulted with client to alter non-feasible designs to lower costs and speed up production time.
- Battery pack mount for EV prototype vehicle: using customer provided CAD data, we digitally designed then fabricated the desired component to spec with GD&T checks. This component was a square steel tube like crossmember, which was intended to sustain impact loading from the vehicle's battery pack. After completing the component fabrication, we installed it to the vehicle at customer's location.
- Turbocharger flange: using a physical example of an OEM component, we reverse engineered this proprietary turbocharger outlet flange, determined critical dimensions and acceptable tolerances, and designed a modified version in CAD to facilitate connection to a 3" OD exhaust pipe compared to the OEM 2.25" OD pipe. We then plasma cut a profile shaped "blank" from 3/4" mild steel and manually machined the finishing features on the lathe. We provided this flange to our client who used it to produce a prototype exhaust pipe assembly.