Upgrade your SN95 or New Edge Mustang's hydro e-brake using our billet aluminum dual caliper brackets!
Detroit Drifting Co.'s specialty D154 dual caliper brackets are designed to mount Wilwood's D154 floating brake caliper to the rear of 94-04 SN95 / New Edge and 94-98 Cobra Mustang with solid rear axle. This setup uses the D154 caliper for the hydro e-brake, and OE style Cobra rear calipers for the foot brakes. (see additional details below).
- Floating caliper mounts - reduces tendency for pad knock-back for immediate initial response.
- Easy Lock-Up - D154 uses a 4.12" piston area vs. 1.76" for factory Mustang/Cobra or 2.2" for Taurus rear calipers. This enables powerful lock-up for drifting.
- Braking power - Increased locking power due to larger piston area, larger pad surface area, and multiple pad compound options. Larger 296mm 94-04 Cobra rear rotors are used to create more mechanical leverage (Base/GT use 267mm non-vented rotors)
- Aesthetics - Wilwood calipers look great and are offered in different colors - super nice to balance out the front/rear look if you already have a front big brake kit!
- Durability - Dedicated motorsports grade components are more robust, rigid, and easily serviced compared to parts store remanufactured OE style calipers.
To utilize the DDC D154 / Cobra dual rear caliper brackets, the following components are required and must be sourced separately or from the drop down menus:
- Wilwood D154 brake calipers
- Wilwood or equivalent D154 style brake pads
- 94-04 Cobra brake calipers (or V6/GT/Taurus calipers with Cobra brackets)
- 94-04 Cobra style brake pads
- 94-04 Ford Mustang Cobra rear rotors (296mm)
D154 use M10x1.5 banjo brake line connections - same as OEM Mustang Brakes.
We recommend Hawk HP+ pads for the hydro e-brake as this compound shows to provide the best initial bite (highest coefficient of friction) at low temps - perfect for a drift car.
We recommend Hawk HP+ pads for the foot brakes for best performance, but they are quite dusty. If that is a concern, HPS pads are our next recommendation.