Upgrade your SN95 or New Edge Mustang's hydro e-brake using our billet aluminum dual caliper brackets!
Detroit Drifting Co.'s specialty D154 dual caliper brackets are designed to mount Wilwood's D154 floating brake caliper to the rear of 94-04 SN95 / New Edge and 94-98 Cobra Mustang with solid rear axle. This setup uses the D154 caliper for the hydro e-brake, and a second D154 caliper for the foot brakes. (see additional details below).
- Floating caliper mounts - reduces tendency for pad knock-back for immediate initial response.
- Easy Lock-Up - D154 uses a 4.12" piston area vs. 1.76" for factory Mustang/Cobra or 2.2" for Taurus rear calipers. This enables powerful lock-up for drifting.
- Braking power - Increased locking power due to larger piston area, larger pad surface area, and multiple pad compound options. Larger 296mm 94-04 Cobra rear rotors are used to create more mechanical leverage (Base/GT use 267mm non-vented rotors)
- Aesthetics - Wilwood calipers look great and are offered in different colors - super nice to balance out the front/rear look if you already have a front big brake kit!
- Durability - Dedicated motorsports grade components are more robust, rigid, and easily serviced compared to parts store remanufactured OE style calipers.
To utilize the DDC D154 / D154 dual rear caliper brackets, the following components are required and must be sourced separately or from the drop down menus:
- Wilwood D154 brake calipers
- Wilwood or equivalent D154 style brake pads
- 94-04 Ford Mustang Cobra style rear rotors (296mm)
D154 use M10x1.5 banjo brake line connections - same as OEM Mustang Brakes.
**If Calipers are chosen to be included, (x2) 1.98" calipers (foot brake) and (x2) 4.12" calipers (hydro) will be included by default. Please choose your color configuration from the drop down menu.
We recommend Hawk HP+ pads for the hydro e-brake as this compound shows to provide the best initial bite (highest coefficient of friction) at low temps - perfect for a drift car. If you intend to drive on longer courses requiring heavy e-brake use, DTC-60 or DTC-70 might be a better choice.
We recommend Hawk HP+ pads for the foot brakes for best multi-purpose performance, but they are quite dusty. If that is a concern, HPS, PC, or BP-10 pads are our next recommendation for light to moderate use. For trackday/road race use, consider HP+, DTC-60, or similar.
See our full listing of D154 brake pads HERE for other options.
Check HERE for 296mm Cobra brake rotors.