Upgrade your SN95 or New Edge Mustang's rear brakes using our billet aluminum conversion brackets!
This listing is for 1 PAIR of caliper brackets. Select options from the drop-down boxes to create your own rear big brake kit!
Detroit Drifting Co.'s adapter brackets are designed to adapt Wilwood's D154 floating brake caliper to the rear of 94-04 SN95 / New Edge Mustang Base or GT model vehicles with solid rear axle. These adapter brackets are designed for Base/GT style axle backing plates ONLY and are NOT compatible with Cobra backing plates or IRS Cobra models. This is a great upgrade for drift or road-race use!
- Floating caliper mounts - reduces tendancy for pad knock-back for better initial pedal response.
- Balanced brake bias - D154 uses a 1.98" piston area vs. 1.76" for factory Mustang rear calipers vs. 2.2" for factory Taurus calipers, keeping brake bias stock-like with a mild performance improvement.
- Braking power - Increased stopping power due to larger piston area, larger pad surface area, and multiple pad compound options. Larger 296mm 94-04 Cobra rear rotors are used to create more mechanical leverage (Base/GT use 267mm non-vented rotors)
- Heat dissipation - Forged aluminum caliper bodies dissipate heat more effectively than factory cast iron calipers. This kit requires use of 94-04 Mustang Cobra rear rotors, which are vented for additional thermal management.
- Aesthetics - Wilwood calipers look great and are offered in different colors - super nice to balance out the front/rear look if you already have a front big brake kit!
- Weight savings - The D154 caliper and DDC adapter bracket weigh 1.4 lb less than OEM iron caliper and bracket.
- Durability - Dedicated motorsports grade components are more robust, rigid, and easily serviced compared to parts store remanufactured OE style calipers.
To utilize the DDC D154 rear caliper adapter, the following components are required and must be sourced separately to successfully install Wilwood D154 Calipers onto your 94-04 Mustang with solid axle:
- Base Model / GT brake backing plates (the caliper brackets that mount to the axle flange). Fitment is confirmed with OEM backing plates or DDC Dual Caliper Brackets.
- Wilwood D154 brake calipers
- 94-04 Ford Mustang Cobra rear rotors (296mm)
- D154 style brake pads
D154 use M10x1.5 banjo brake line connections - same as OEM Mustang Brakes.
**Wilwood D154 calipers will eliminate functionality of the factory parking brake. Check out our OEM+ Hydro E-brake.